Please help by donating to an extremely worth while organisation. Mental Health is currently getting a bit of attention at the moment with the very sad loss of Dan Vickerman. A young man (37) leaving a wife and two kiddies.
With help Kiwi's, such as John Kirwan (rugby), Paul Watuira (league), Phil Knight (music Shihad), Mike King (comedian), and a very close mate of mine are enjoying life with the support The Mental Health Foundation of NZ
It is too late for one of my family members, a great mate and Dan Vickerman but please don't just ignore.
At some point in their life many people will go through it too:
1 in 7 will experience depression before they are 24 years old
1 in 8 men will experience depression
1 in 5 women will experience depression
1 in 4 New Zealanders will experience anxiety
1 in 5 people with depression or anxiety will experience both at the same time
Where to get help:
If you or someone you know needs help, please get in contact with these crisis services:
• Lifeline (open 24/7) – 0800 543 354
• Depression Helpline (open 24/7) – 0800 111 757
• Healthline (open 24/7) – 0800 611 116
• Samaritans (open 24/7) – 0800 726 666
• Suicide Crisis Helpline (open 24/7) – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO). This is a service for people who may be thinking about suicide, or those who are concerned about family or friends.